The Running Away Dance is the fourth of the dances that the Teletubbies do. It was first shown in the episode Numbers: One (Version 1). The Teletubbies do this dance around some hills near the house.
All the Teletubbies meet at the hills. Po starts running back and forth. Then all the Teletubbies run away in different directions and then back again. Then they pretend to pant. Tinky Winky and Po run past Laa Laa and Dipsy, then Tinky Winky and Laa Laa bump tummies and so do Dipsy and Po. Then they pretend to pant again and run past each other and pant again. Then they run up to a hill and they all spin round and round together and the dance ends
This is one of the few dances with an extended version. But in this dance the music changes key throughout the dance. It's very rare that the Teletubbies do this dance just once.
Episodes that it appears in
- Numbers: One (Version 1) (extended version)
- Balancing (extended version)
- Numbers: Two (Version 1) (extended version)
- Naughty Cloud (extended version)
- Naughty Bee (extended version)
- Dance with the Teletubbies (Video) (extended version)
- Becky and Jed Finding Eggs (shortened version)
- Baby Elephant (shortened version)
- Becky and Jed Finding Eggs and Baby Elephant are the only episodes where the Teletubbies giggle during the dance.